"You didn't have time to make fingerprints on the wall,
Instead you made fingerprints on our hearts."

Thursday, March 27, 2014

*TREES*

Most of you know that for my due date Josh and I planted 2 apple trees in memory of Logan and Steven. I wanted to plant trees so I would have something to watch while it grew. We decided on apples trees because you need 2 trees to produce apples and I like the idea of giving apples away. Kind of like sharing a piece of my twins with the world. Since I had twins having 2 trees seemed appropriate. Sharing this story about the trees with people brings peace and joy to my heart. I thought this would be a comforting thing to do but I never knew how my story would comfort others.

There is this sweet man that I have known for a while that knew me while I was pregnant. We would talk about his young children and my twins all the time. He even knows my story about losing my twins. Well shortly after I lost my babies his wife became pregnant. I knew how nervous and excited he was. The day for finding out the gender was approaching so when I saw him again I was excited to find out the gender. Sadly, he told me that his baby had no heartbeat. His wife was 4 months pregnant. So many emotions and memories rushed through my head. As we continued to talk he told me that they had planted a peach tree in memory of their baby. He said that they found comfort in doing this and it really has helped with their grief. He told me that he was very thankful that I had shared my story with him and that he believes people cross paths to make a difference in each others lives. I wanted to cry. Planting this peach tree meant so much to them like our apple trees mean to us. Its amazing how you can change someones life by just talking and sharing experiences. I am so thankful that my babies are helping people, changing lives and making a difference through me and their daddy.





No comments:

Post a Comment